23.2.09

houses

I moved to Hamilton Ontario last July, knowing very little about the city. When we were looking at houses to buy here, I was amazed at the beautiful old architecture of the homes throughout the city. I had no idea that Hamilton was so rich with character and finding our Victorian home quickly became my primary reason to want to move here.

After eight months of living here, the architecture is still one of my favorites things about the city. We walk our dog around our neighbourhood daily and I never tire of looking at the rows of old homes. The above images are of the homes that inspired my spring 09 print, 'Houses'.I enjoy drawing the details in the brickwork and windows. The houses that look so similar at first glance have so many beautiful differences in the details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great that you did a print of Hamilton! I really like it.