17.2.09

D.I.Y. clipboard calendar

There's two things I like to have on the wall near my studio desk: a chalk board for quick notes and a calendar. This year I decided to make my own calendar using primarily reclaimed materials: a thrift store clipboard and used wrapping paper. It's fun and easy so I thought I would share it with you all. I bought a few clipboards a while back at a thrift store and liked the long shape of this one. The surface was a mess so I painted it my favorite shade of red- Para Paints' Rich Russet. Each month has a different paper background. The papers were discarded pattern print outs that my brother had taken from his work and used as wrapping paper this past Christmas. I saved them from the garbage once more and they were perfect for this project. I made the dates myself in Word, although there are pre-made ones available. I rounded the corners of both the dates and patterned papers, which mimics the rounded corners of the clipboard. Glue the two together and there you go! enjoy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great project Jenna. I am going to collect nice paper all year and make one for 2010.

Anonymous said...

I love the clip boards! I always did like that sort of things!

roisin said...

this is a great idea, it looks wonderful. and what a nice red, too!