The walkway at the front of our house has needed some work and we got around to tackling the project this past weekend. We were so lucky to have such lovely weather for it. I didn't take any before pictures, but it was pretty much just a lot of mud that pooled on a poorly layed flagstone walkway every time it rained. Earlier this spring we levelled off what was a mound of dirt and started to add some plants. It still needs a few more, but the hard work is done now.
We removed and relayed the old flagstone that led from the porch to the sidewalk and created the river stone path leading from the side gate to the porch. Jeff really enjoys landscaping work and had put in a patio at our previous home so he knew how to do it properly with the gravel and sand and grading and everything. My main task was putting the flagstone back together, which was like a puzzle. We are really happy with the results and not only does is look better but we have hopefully fixed the water and mud issues we were having.