6.9.11

It's a busy week around here with the Cabbagetown show opening on Friday and Supercrawl happening this Saturday. The two events conflicted this year so I won't be able to be a vendor at Supercrawl, but I do hope to return from Toronto for the evening to check out some of the great music they have lined up- I'm especially excited to see Basia Bulat live.

In preparation for Supercrawl, everyone from The Beehive has been busy working on our installation piece. I don't think I mentioned this here yet, but the collective, along with the help of family, friends, and volunteers, are knitting the facade of a three storey building, brick by brick. It will be installed this week so there are lots of last minute pieces to build and parts to assemble. It is made up of about 70 scarves, which will all be donated to the Mission Services Opportunity Centre once the installation is dismantled. You can read more about the project here.

No comments: