6.10.11

With the days being shorter and my hours at the studio being longer, I am trying to take in as much of this beautiful fall weather as possible on the weekends. I can't think of a better way to enjoy this time of year than getting out of the city and into the country.

Last weekend I went apple picking at Myer's farm in Copetown with a couple of friends. It's such nice farm with a little market, animals, and lots and lots of apple trees.

There were five varieties ready for picking: Cortland, Macintosh, Spartan, Jonagold, and Empire. We each had a ten pound bag and filled them with a few of each variety. Although I usually like certain kinds more than others, all mixed together I have no idea which kind is which, but they are all so fresh and juicy that I like them all the same.

Fall is so brief, I don't even know where September went. I wish we had sunny October days like this year round. Enjoy it while it's here.

No comments: